First time…With Trousers December 25, 2010
Here is a collection of Photos & Videos of Adhruth taken in the last few days with his Trousers & Sweaters on for the cold weather of Bangalore.
Naming Ceremony…..New Dresses December 21, 2010
Adhruth got many new Dresses as Gift for his Naming Ceremony. We started using few of those. Here’s how he looks in his new set of Dresses.
Letter from Me to Adhruth about Madhu December 19, 2010
This two and half months has been the most beautiful, amazing and exciting time for both me and Madhu. You coming in our life has changed everything about both of us. Day to day changes are more for Madhu than for me. I still continue to do most of the things which I had been doing before you were born…right now Gym in the morning, Master Minds on Sundays, Regular office work etc.
Life of Madhu has completely changed.
– She enjoyed coming out with me over the weekends. Now she only loves to spend every single minute seeing and being with you
– She liked those Crafts, Interior and Home Exhibitions but the only Exhibition she enjoys is maintaining your wardrobe and making sure you wear comfortable dresses everyday
– She had seen every single movie that got released along with me in Theatres. Now the only movie she loves is those movies, I create with your photos and videos. Nothing else excites her more than that
– Earlier if she sleeps a slightest of sound would wake her up and her sleep will be disturbed and might not be able to sleep again. Now, everytime she hears even a small sound from you, may be every hour too, she is awake, checks your dress, feeds you and then sleeps
– Like me, she never bothered eating outside anytime, now a days, though Doctors have said her eating habit would not affect you, she is very careful on what she eats, so that you are not troubled for her habit
– She had always come out with me for anywhere in Bangalore. Now, when you had to be taken to Manipal Hospital immediately for any emergency, she is immediately ready to go out in Taxi. Anything for you da darling.
I know all Mothers would have done these & will continue to do these for their Child, but wanted to share what I have been seeing, enjoying and experiencing from the Close proximity.
Loving you so much my dear darlings Madhu & Adhruth
Adhruth’s Naming Cerermony & Thottil (Cradle) December 17, 2010
Though “Adhruth” name was finalized, formal Naming Ceremony was fixed for 9 AM on 12th December. It added more excitement for everyone in the family as this was the very First function for the Sweet Little Prince.
Function started with Pooja with me at first and then Madhu joining me and then the Hero of the day joined us :-). We pronounced the name in his ears for 3 times. He was named after his Grand Father (my father) “Mahadevan”.
During the function Vathiar (priest) explained about few things which we never knew. In olden days (at least one or two generations earlier), once the Father of the baby comes to know about the news about arrival of new Baby in their family, he will immediately run to the nearby lake and jump from a height and take a dip. They will see the Baby only on the day of the Naming Ceremony and are not supposed to see them earlier. Immediately I thought about our scenario. The first person to see Adhruth in our family was ME :-). Adhruth got many gifts from his Kollu Thatha, Grand Parents, Chittappa, Athai athimber and Sowmya Akka.
The previous evening, everyone in the Family got together to get the Thottil ready. It was decorated with Color Papers, Balloons all around. After the function was over, Adhruth changed into the dress given for him by his Athai. After that Maha (his Athai) wore him Bangles in hand, Kappu in Hand, Leg and a ring, Madhu’s mother put him in the Thottil for the first time.
Right from 9 AM till Noon, till the entire function was over Adhruth was very calm, looked at everyone, smiled few times and went in the Hands of his Grand Parents, Chittappa and Athai. Not a single time he cried and was very calm. Everyone enjoyed the whole function.
Enjoy the pictures…& video
Colorful Dress December 10, 2010
Me and Madhu decided to get some real colorful dresses for Adhruth and here are the Pictures of Adhruth posing in those 🙂
Change of Role December 5, 2010
Few days back, Adhruth was sleeping in his bed in the Hall and we decided to shift him to the Bed Room so that he can continue his sleep undisturbed there. Madhu asked me to carry him to the Bed Room. As soon as I picked up his bed, first thought that came in my mind was I should not disturb his Sleep and make him awake. Immediately another flash came to my mind, looks like I have experienced what I was going through earlier in my life. But how????
Yes, I just remembered my Father carrying me in a similar fashion from the Hall into the Bedroom till when I was around 4th, 5th Standard in Coimbatore. I used to sleep while watching the TV and Appa used to carry me without waking me up to the Bed Room and put me in the Bed. Right now, exactly going through the same but the roles are changed. I was in the Hands of my Father and now then, I am the Father of Adhruth. Role has changed over years but suddenly this flash came to my mind. Loving you so much Appa.
Dedicating this video of Adhruth to my Father…